Our student blog
Hear about GLP experiences from current and former students
A Macquarie University signature program
Our Global Leadership Program (GLP) is Australia’s flagship international leadership program, continuing Macquarie’s proud track record in innovation.
The GLP connects students who have leadership potential and a sense of global citizenship with internships, volunteer experiences, mentorships, conferences and other opportunities beyond their academic degree. These practical experiences develop students’ cross-cultural and soft skills, preparing them for truly global careers.
We have more than 3000 students from across all degrees and disciplines — from undergraduate to PhD level — completing our rigorous co-curricular program. They design their own portfolio of practical, cross-cultural or internationally focused experiences to align with their study area, profession or passion.
GLP students are looking for a diverse range of opportunities to develop their leadership and innovation capacities and international understanding including:
- domestic and international volunteer programs
- fundraising and advocacy roles
- language courses
- symposia, conferences, events and courses.
The GLP is always open to collaborations where we can share and advertise opportunities for students. Our students are self-selecting and passionate to become involved with volunteering and internship roles, community and industry events, seminars, conferences and more as part of the experiential component of this co-curricular and co-designed program.
By connecting with the GLP, you will benefit from the immediate opportunities GLP provides to:
- advertise your opportunities to an active audience of more than 3000 students
- connect with intelligent, driven, future leaders who are actively pursuing experiential learning
- enthuse students and their peers about your organisation’s work, values and goals
- give you an opportunity to speak to, or workshop, your relevant area of expertise
- inspire students and their peers about their future career paths.